Damaged in 1940 by air raid at Victoria Station, repaired and rejoined Brighton Belle in 1947. Carried the Queen, the Queen Mother and H.R.H. Prince Philip the Duke of Edinburgh to review the Fleet in 1953. Transported the Queen on her visit to Sussex University 1964.
Used in the special Festival of Britain rake in 1951. Reserved for use by Royalty and visiting Heads of State. Made last journey of Golden Arrow 1972. Featured in the film ‘Agatha’ with Vanessa Redgrave and Dustin Hoffman.
In 1948 was used, with sister car Mona, to convey H.M. Queen Elizabeth (later the Queen Mother) to Brighton. Brighton Belle service withdrawn in 1972. Preserved as a restaurant at The Horseless Carriage, Chingford, Essex, and later at the Colne Valley Railway, Castle Hedingham, Essex.
1925 by Birmingham Railway Carriage & Wagon Co. Sold to La Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits et des Grands Express Européens for service in Italy. History: Purchased by the Pullman Car Company Ltd. in 1928 and returned to Britain for Golden Arrow service. Entered Cunard boat train service between Victoria and Southampton 1952. Retired 1968.
Built in 1928 as a First Class kitchen car. Served on Ocean Liner services and Bournemouth Belle until 1939. Later ran on Queen of Scots, Golden Arrow, Yorkshire Pullman, South of Wales Pullman and the high speed Talisman route before retiring in 1968.
Built in 1928 as a First Class parlour car for the Queen of Scots Pullman. Transferred to Southern Region in 1963 and ran in Bournemouth Belle until 1967. Preserved by Mr E. Lewis-Evans at the South Eastern Steam Centre, Ashford until 1984.
Built in 1927 and served many Pullman routes. Joined the Devon Belle in 1947 and the Golden Arrow in 1951, being used in the special Festival of Britain rake. Often included in special trains for state visits and royal use in the early 50s.
Designed in the 30s but not completed until 1951. Used in the special Festival of Britain rake as part of the Golden Arrow service. Formed part of Winston Churchill’s funeral train in 1965. Part of the last journey of the Golden Arrow in 1972.
Favourite carriage of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother: used by General de Gaulle and visiting Heads of State; made last journey of Golden Arrow 1972. Became stationary restaurant in Lyon, France 1973.
Always paired with Audrey as a two car unit. Directly hit in an air raid at Victoria Station in 1940. Roof extensively repaired, rejoined Brighton Belle in 1947. Used by Royalty to review the Fleet in 1953 and for Prince Charles’ and Princess Anne’s first trip on an electric train in 1954. Brighton Belle service withdrawn in 1972. Preserved as a garden house in Suffolk.
Built in 1928 as a First Class parlour car. After the war, she joined Queen of Scots and Yorkshire Pullman until 1955, and then the Golden Arrow until 1960. Retired in 1965 as part of the final run of the Tees-Tyne Pullman.